Chicken Artichoke Pasta (GF Cooking Class)
4 servings. Prep/Total time: 30 min.
- 6 oz. uncooked G.F. pasta
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) water -packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp. potato starch flour
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 tsp oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
ln the same skillet, cook and stir broccoli in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the artichokes, salt and oregano; heat through. Combine the flour with broth and wine until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and reserved chicken.
Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
2 cups= 378 calories, 8 grams fat, 668 mg sodium
Adapted from Healthy Cooking Magazine (Opens in a new window)